26 November 2008

Barry & Napalm | Sheldon & the Sweet Spot

Two nuggets today:
A creative judge in Colorado sentences noise ordinance violators to listen to "The Copacabana" and other smash hits. This cracks me up. If Judge Sacco is taking requests, I think he'd have good results exposing certain violators to some Napalm Death. I know I'd learn my lesson! Of course, if I were ever sentenced, I could plead "time already served" since I had a roommate in college that listened to nothing but Samantha Fox. (Watch out for the volume on that link. Apparently Samantha is LOOKING FOR A MIDNIGHT LOVER and, of course, there is no mute button.)
************
One of my favorite TV shows, The Big Bang Theory, provided some great acoustical geek humor on Monday night. The "White Asparagus Triangulation" episode had a scene with Sheldon in a movie theater moving from seat to seat making obnoxious vocal noises in an attempt to find the "acoustics sweet spot." Hilarious. Of course, Mrs. Savant turned to me and said, "If you ever do that, I will leave." I'm assuming she means the movie theater and not my life, but I don't think I'll try to find out. 8^D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home