01 February 2008

Architects and Sound

Today's Cross•Spectrum blog entry is another good one. The coverage of the Livesound article was nice. And it reminded me of a couple of gems:
"Eighty-seven percent of sensory input is visual." - Architect to me after I introduced myself as the Acoustical Consultant on the project. Needless to say, it was all downhill from there. Of course, I did have a witty comeback: "Yes. And 75% of statistics are made up on the spot."
"No one has ever been saved by crown molding." - Worship audio guru Kent Morris in reference to allotting money towards decorative finishes verus acoustical finishes during a presentation for a NAMM acoustics for worship workshop several years ago. In other words: To hear The Word, one needs to hear The Word.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few years back I spoke to the head of the architecture programme at the college I teach, about offering an in-depth acoustics course designed for future-architects.

Her response was: "No need. We cover everything that needs to be taught about architectural acoustics in our 'environment, light and noise' 32 hours course."

How pathetic is that?

:)
Jon.

03 February, 2008 16:45  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home